04 March 1995

This week's finds [SwordQuest: Fireworld, Super Cobra, & Star Trek]

[Originally posted to rec.games.video.classic.]

Well after being out of the country for a month, I came back and started reading this newsgroup and caught the fever again, maybe worse than before I left. I hit as many thrift stores as I could this weekend. I came up empty mostly, except for one store.

This particular store is run as a business, not a charity. Apparently, the owner had just recently gotten an Atari 2600 & games in. They were all in wonderful condition, almost like they were new. Most of them still had the manuals in great shape, too. Unfortunately, the selection was small and I had most of them. I ended up buying three: SwordQuest--Fireworld, simply because it had the manual & comic in almost perfect condition; Super Cobra; and ... STAR TREK, complete with the manual and joystick overlay! They were $2.50 each, well worth it.

I am very pleased with Star Trek. It's a rather incredible translation of the arcade game for the 2600. Of course, it's not perfect, but I don't think it could have been much better. Thank you Sega and Lady Luck!