12 February 1998

$50 Brag

[Originally posted to rec.games.video.classic.]

Last night, I purchased a 5200, some 5200 stuff, and 2600 games from a former co-worker. I had made the offer over a year ago (when he was still my co-worker), but it took me a while to save up the $50 I offered. I know that sounds like a lot, but he had over 60 games ... *and* keep in mind as you read this, that EVERY GAME WAS COMPLETE WITH MANUAL AND BOX!!!

Personal Highlights
  • Complete, 2-port 5200 system in box (no packing materials)
  • 2600 adaptor for 5200 (Okay, he didn't have the box for this.)
  • 5200 games:
    • H.E.R.O.
    • James Bond 007 (!!!)
    • Star Wars: The Arcade Game
  • 2600 Tron joystick (!!!) in box with Adventures of Tron & Tron Deadly Discs (No packing materials, but the $57.95 price tag was still on it.)
  • 2600 games:
    • Sears' Chase, Outer Space, Tank Plus, & Target Fun all in the ORIGINAL (Intellivision-style) type boxes (!!!)
    • Beamrider
    • Crackpots
    • Megaforce
    • Stellar Track (Sears)
  • Two 2600 keyboard controllers

I never thought I'd see in person, much less own the Tron joystick. The same goes for Intellivision-style Atari 2600 cart boxes. (Too bad they're Sears instead of Atari. I'd still like to see one of those.)

BTW, before he left my company, he had given me some mint condition folders with arcade game logos on them (Centipede, Tempest, Space Invaders, etc.) and a Robot Tank poster.

The Rest
  • 2600 games: Adventure (Sears), Air Raiders, Amidar, Asteroids, Atlantis, Barnstormer, Berzerk, Breakaway IV (Sears), Capture (Sears), Codebreaker (Sears), Cosmic Ark, Defender, Demon Attack, Dragonfire, E.T., Flash Gordon, Frogger, G.I. Joe: Cobra Strike, Gunslinger (Sears), Haunted House, Keystone Kapers, Laser Blast, Memory Match (Sears), Missle Command, Ms. Pac-Man, Pitfall, Raiders of the Lost Ark, River Raid, Robot Tank, Seaquest, Sky Jinx, Space Invaders, Spider Fighter, Star Master, Star Raiders, Star Wars: Jedi Arena, Star Wars: RotJ -- Death Star Battle, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, Superman, SwordQuest (EarthWorld of FireWorld, I forget which), Video Pinball, Warlords (Sears), Yars' Revenge
  • 2600 controllers: Two stock joysticks, one pair of paddles.
  • 5200 games: Countermeasure, Joust, Pac-Man, Pole Position, Popeye, Qix, Vanguard

[While I still have almost all these items today, I've decided to sell the 5200 console and games. I'm just not that interested in it and something's got to go. — 17 June 2010]

No comments:

Post a Comment