14 September 1998

Atypical brag

[Originally posted to rec.games.video.classic.]

Why is this brag "atypical"? Because I'm bragging that I sold something rather than found something. My neighborhood had it's semi-annual yard sale this weekend and I decided to try to get rid of some OCs. I put out a labelless Frogger, three Combats, two SwordQuest Earthworlds, and a SwordQuest Fireworld (all for the 2600). I also put out an NES Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt cartridge. When my wife finally let me go look while she tended to things, some old woman came by and bought them all! I thought I'd be lucky if I'd sell one or two of them.

BTW, while looking, I found a "Darth Vader" 2600 with Lost Luggage (needed that!) and Congo Bongo (traid bait), plus a few others. Unforutnately, the LL board is loose and CB apparently needs cleaning because neither worked. All the other cartridges that I didn't care about work fine. 8( What is it with Apollo cartridges and loose boards? This is the second time I've found one.

I've also got to learn to look things over more carefully. They claimed the system and games worked, and I trusted them. When I got home, I discovered the RCA plug was missing on the RF cable (easy fix) and the power supply was for a Black & Decker drill. It's 1.5V and 100mA less than an Atari power supply.

I also found a Timex/Sinclair 1000 with some software, the manual, and an additional paperback book. (No power supply. It's 9V DC, but does anyone know the amperage/polarity?) I haven't tested it yet but look forward to playing the T/S 1000 Frogger tape I've had for a few years now.

No comments:

Post a Comment